Thursday, March 24, 2011

03-25-2011 CHECKPOINT!

So I'm working on my concentration now and fixing up my breadth and adding a few new pieces to that as I work on my concentration. My concentration has stayed on track and the theme of the work is still together. My sketch bookish art style that I am using in most the the pieces express my detailed style of drawing. I plan on working a color pencil or maybe two color pencil ones into my concentration before spring break possibly. This will add more element into the detailed and tight mark making that I do. I don't think there are a lot of expression in my marks, but hopefully I will met that in the breadth section of my portfolio. All the compositions are similar and I will have to break it up a bit to make it feel like its not the same thing over and over again. This will be the hardest part, as I finish up my concentration, because all my idea's are very close to being finished in my head. I'm kind of piecing it all together so I can bounce each idea off the next (like ping pong...kinda). My concept, is the sketchbook type looking art. It will look like a high quality 'sweet' looking beginning drawing. That's my goal. It will be based around the technology and futuristic creatures that are 100% original and from my imagination. This I hope will continue to flow and pump out ideas or I'm in deep water (without my arm floaties). I think my craftsmanship talks for itself. I work pretty hard on each of my works but because I am doing a drawing portfolio I am getting shafted by the time constraint. I really hope that I will be able to add these last pieces to my concentration and my breadth, so I can get this done on time. YES. TIS THE PLAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment